Spoke the Hub’s Union Street space is a great place for a kids party.
Spoke the Hub Provides
- Spoke the Hub’s Main Floor Studio – 748 Union Street
- CD Player and iPod Sound System
- 3 large folding tables for cake display, food items and gift collection
- 25 folding chairs
- 1 coat rack with hangers
- Use of refrigerator and sink
- Garbage cans and recycling bins
Space Renter Provides / Is Responsible for
- Set up and clean up* of space
- Decorations (space and table)**
- Party Favors
- Food, Refreshments & Ice
- Linens & Paper Goods (paper cups, napkins, paper plates, utensils)
- Serving Utensils, Can/bottle openers, etc.
- Photographer / Videographer
* You may arrange beforehand for STH to clean up after an event for a $75 fee.
**All decorations, equipment, and additional furnishings imported by the Space Renter for the event, and anything else that might present a safety hazard for guests or the building, including hanging things overhead or on the walls, must be approved by STH in advance.
- Minimum Rental is 3 hours at the rate of $400.00
- Same Day, Additional Hours (or parts of hours) $100.00/hr (must be scheduled in advance)
- Set-up and clean-up time must be included in time booked. (Please note that renters are responsible for to setting and cleaning-up the space unless, prior to your event, you arrange for your Spoke the Hub Representative to clean the space.)
STH Teaching Artist
A STH Arts or Entertainment Specialist may be available upon request for an $100 fee. They will provide 45-60 minutes of structured group activities based on the party’s theme, your suggestions, and their teaching experience.
All parties require a Spoke the Hub Representative be on site. They are there to answer your questions, lock and unlock the space, help supervise your helpers in setting up and cleaning up the space, greet and direct guests at the door during the party/event and to make sure your event runs smoothly and safely. STH Representatives DO NOT set up, clean up or supervise children without prior arrangement.
One STH Rep is included in your rental package. An additional Spoke the Hub Representative must be hired at $25/hour for every 20 guests above 30.
Cancellations with less than four (4) weeks notice will not be refunded.
Example: 2 Hour Children’s Party Schedule (3 hour total rental time)
- 3:30 – Space Renters arrive a half hour before party is scheduled to begin to set out refreshments and to make last minute space decor “adjustments” and additions.
- 4:00 – Party begins and guests arrive, socialize, and get settled in for the first half hour. (No structured activities.)
- 4:30 – Arts activity begins with Arts or Entertainment specialist and continues for an hour.
- 5:30 – The last half hour is for guests to socialize again, say good-bye, pack-up, and exit. (No structured activities.)
- 6:00 – Space Renters Clean up (unless they have arranged and paid $75 for STH’s cleaning service)
- 6:30 – Space Renters sign out with STH Rep